Russia is considered to be a Level I country by Singapore. Therefore, the rules are a bit different for applying for a Singapore visa of not more than 30 days. There are few Russian citizens who are staying in UAE. The following information will guide them on how to obtain a Singapore visa.
1. Obtain the Singapore visa application form at our Dubai or Abu Dhabi office in UAE. Fill up the form with correct information, and don’t forget to sign them.
2. Get your Russian passport ready by ensuring it is valid up to 6 months from the date you will be in Singapore. You will need to attach a scanned JPEG copy.
3. You also need to submit two 2X2 inch coloured photographs. Your photograph must be recent and should have been taken against a white background.
4. Although, dual citizenship is difficult to attain, if you have citizenship of Russia and UAE, you need to provide photocopies of the legal document. If you are here in UAE on a work visa, etc., you need to attach photocopies of them as proof you being legally in UAE.
5. Your employer in UAE also needs to provide you a letter of permission of them granting you leave for the said duration. The letter needs to contain your name, your position, the reason for leave, and assurance of your return. If you are self-employed, you can show photocopies of your company registration or tax returns.
6. Russian students travelling to Singapore need to get a permission letter from their school or college stating that you are a student with good reputation and that you will be returning for the next semester.
7. Retired persons can provide photocopies of retirement fund.
8. Photocopies of recent bank statements, though not an absolute compulsion, can also be provided for the visa application.
9. Photocopies of your itinerary or round-trip flight tickets are also vital for your visa application. They should contain the applicant’s name.
10. If you are applying online, please attach scanned copies with your application. Ensure that the scanned copies are of good resolution and in the format required by the Singapore Government (information regarding formats will be available on the website you are applying through).
There is a certain fee that you need to pay when applying. This fee is non-refundable, even if you do not get a visa. Follow the given instructions and you will have no problem in obtaining a Singapore visa.
All the best and have a great Singapore trip!