• If I am transiting through Singapore, do I still need a visa?
It depends whether the traveler is passing through the Singapore Immigration or is staying within the terminal only. If the traveler stays in the area of terminals 1, 2 and 3 of the Changi airport and do not pass through the immigration, then he does not require a visa.
In cases where the airlines do not have proper transfer facilities, the traveler needs to pass through the Singapore Immigration. In such a scenario, the traveler needs to obtain a Singapore visa prior to the trip.
• Who needs a Visa to travel to Singapore?
All the Assessment level I and level II country citizens require a visa to travel to Singapore. Please check the following link of Immigration & Checkpoints Authority of Singapore’s website to get the complete list of countries that require a visa to enter Singapore.
• When should I apply if I am required to travel to Singapore with a visa?
Visa application can be done one month prior to your travel to Singapore.
• Who decides if I will get a Visa?
Singapore Immigration and Checkpoints Authority hold complete discretion of processing and taking a decision on your visa application.
• Do I need to submit my original passport for submission of application?
Yes, the submission of the original passport at the time of submission of application is mandatory.
• I am going to Singapore for a holiday but I do not know anyone residing in Singapore as required by Form V39A. What do I have to do?
You would be required to attach a cover letter along with your application explaining the reasons in detail for not been able to provide form V39A. In such cases, attaching supporting documents like the hotel reservations helps in further strengthening your application.
• How can I check the status of my application?
For all applications submitted through High Commission, please refer to the website- www.mfa.gov.sg or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02-6271-2000.
For applications submitted through Authorized Visa Agents, you can track your application status through their “Track Your Application” section on the respective websites by using the VFS reference number and your date of birth.
• Can I lodge an online application?
As of now, thereis no facility available for online application of Singapore Entry Visa. The applicant needs to visit either VFS offices in the 5 states or Singapore High Commission in Canberra.
• How can I find out about work visas?
Applicants planning to travel to Singapore on employment or work needs to contact Ministry of Manpower office in Singapore as to which visa to apply for. In case the applicant does not need a work pass then he must contact the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority for a tourist visa entry. Log on to www.ica.gov.sg for more details.
• Is it mandatory for me to confirm my flights before applying for visa to Singapore?
No, it is not mandatory. In such cases the applicant must mention the tentative date of arrival and departure on a separate paper and attach it along with the form.