If you are planning on travelling to Singapore, the first thing you’ll need to check is whether you need a visa to enter Singapore. This following guide gives you all about Singapore visa requirements.
British & Irish Nationals
If you hold passports for Britain or Ireland, you do not require to obtain a visa for a stay that is less than 30 days. You are also exempted from other entry Singapore visa requirements.
Visa Requirements for British & Irish Nationals
- Original passport
- A valid residency visa
- Proof of employment in your country
- Valid UAE residence Visa with 30 days validity
- Original Passport Required (6 month validity with at least two blank page)
- 2 Recent Photograph with White Background (3.5*4.5 CM)
Level I Countries
- People’s Republic of China
- Holders of Hong Kong Document of Identity
- Holders of Macao Special Administrative Region (MSAR) Travel Permit
Level II Countries
- Saudi Arabia
The above stated list cannot be completely relied upon, as it is subject to change according to the country’s diplomatic relationship with Singapore. Therefore, please gather the correct information from the Singapore High Commission in your country.
List of Documents Needed for Level I and Level II Countries
The applicant should complete and sign Form 14A, and together with it, they should submit the following documents:
1. One passport-sized recent colour photograph that should have been taken within last 3 months. The colour photograph should be taken against a white background with a semi-matt or matt finish. The photograph should show the full face, without any headgear (headgear worn owing to religious compliance and customs is acceptable as long it is not hiding facial features).
2. Original passport along with photocopies of the required pages (valid UK visa or a residence permit in UK, bio-data page, visa endorsement to your next location after Singapore). Please make sure at the time of submission that your passport is valid up to a minimum of 6 months upon your expected arrival date in Singapore.
3. A photocopy of your flight return ticket or cruise itinerary (*the photocopy must display the flight numbers, date of entry into and exit out of Singapore).
4. An exact fee of £15.00 in cash or a British Postal Order of the same value made payable to the ‘SINGAPORE HIGH COMMISSION’ (payments by personal cheque, debit or credit card are not accepted by the Singapore High Commission; regardless of your visa application outcome, the visa application fee is a non-refundable fee).
If your documents are not in English, you will be required to carry official translations of them along with the mentioned documents.
Visa application processing period for Level I countries is 3 working days and for Level II countries, the processing period is 5 to 7 days. This period does not include the day of submission, public holidays, Saturdays, Sundays and Royal Mail delivery time.
Hopefully, the above mentioned information will help you in obtaining your visa to Singapore hassle-free.