Travelling to Singapore for a getaway? You can now apply for a Singapore E visa easily and stop worrying about the arduous visa application process. Don’t know anything about this visa process for Singapore? Continue reading to learn more about it.
What is a Singapore E visa?
The Singapore E-visa is an electronic visa to visit Singapore. It is a digital travel authorization that is valid for entry into Singapore’s borders and serves the same purpose as a regular Singapore visa. Simply put, it is a visa that is electronically prepared and sent to the applicant’s email address rather than a physical sticker that is actually stamped on their passport. However, only citizens of a select few nations are eligible to get it.
The Singapore e-visa reduces the processing time, makes it simple to submit the necessary information online, eliminates the requirement to visit a Singapore Embassy to obtain a physical visa and even does away with the need to courier documents back and forth. It is a quick and straightforward way to obtain a Singapore visa. The Singapore E-visa entitles the holder to a 30-day visit and stay in Singapore for tourism, business, social visitation, and to attend meetings or events. A Singapore E visa holder may travel whenever they choose within 63 days after the visa’s issuance, however, they may only stay in Singapore for a total of 30 days. However, it is possible to apply for Singapore visa extension if one wants to ends one’s stay for a little longer.
Who can avail Singapore E-Visa?
If you are a citizen of one of the countries listed below, you do not have to go through the cumbersome process of getting a physical Singapore visa. They can avail of Singapore E-visas if they want to travel to Singapore.
Hong Kong Document of Identity holders
Macao Special Administrative Region Travel Permit holders
Singapore E-visa: How to apply?
The following three important points should be kept in mind when preparing a Singapore E visa application.
- First of all, you will need someone who is a Singapore resident to assist you with your application for an e-visa. You can apply for an E-visa through a Singapore visa agency or a local resident in Singapore.
- To enter Singapore, your passport must have at least 6 months of validity after your arrival.
- It is mandatory for every individual applying for a Singapore visa to obtain an SG Arrival Card before they arrive at Singapore airport, regardless of the type of visa applied for.
Here’s how you apply for a Singapore E-visa if you are eligible to apply for one. There are a few simple steps you need to follow to get an E visa from Singapore:
1. Make sure that your passport is valid. Your passport should have at least 6 months of validity remaining after you reach Singapore.
2. Gather all the necessary documents and ensure that you meet all requirements before you begin your Singapore Online Visa application.
3. A Singapore visa application can be submitted online by filling out the visa form, submitting the Letter of Introduction for Visa Application (Form V39), and providing recent passport photographs in accordance with the Singapore visa photo size requirements. A Singapore visa agent or a local contact in Singapore can assist you with the application on your behalf.
4. You will need to pay the visa fee and wait for the confirmation of your visa.
5. You are required to submit the documents supporting your application, including financial proof that you will be able to support your stay in Singapore, a valid passport, and a confirmed return ticket to indicate that you will exit Singapore once your purpose of the visit is complete.
6. The applicant will also be required to provide additional documentation and information such as a vaccination certificate, employment status, marital status, travel itinerary, and proof of accommodation in Singapore, if they are asked for while processing a Singapore visa.
7. As soon as your visa is approved, you will receive an email notification that it is approved and you will need to take a printout of the visa and carry it with you to the immigration checkpoint when you arrive in Singapore.
All the information that you provide for a visa application must be complete and error-free. The chances of the visa being approved are greatly increased if the visa document is error-free and without discrepancies.
Visa Processing time and Visa fees
A Singapore E visa will be processed within 3-4 business days after the visa application has been submitted and a decision will be provided. You should, however, apply for a visa at least 30 days before you plan to arrive in Singapore so that you can be prepared for any additional circumstances or avoid last-minute hassles that might arise. The visa cost of SGD 30 per application will be charged which is non-refundable. There may be additional charges imposed if you are applying through a visa consultant as a result of their services rendered for your visa application, as per their terms and conditions.
You should keep in mind that in addition to the Singapore E-visa application, you must also complete and submit the SG Arrival Card three days before your flight departing for Singapore. If you have to catch a connecting flight from Singapore airport, you need to apply for a Singapore transit visa and not a Singapore e-visa. This visa allows you enter the Singapore airport during your journey to another international destination. However, you cannot enter Singapore city with this visa.
Those are all the details you need to know! If you are one of the individuals eligible to apply for an e-visa to Singapore, you are in a good position to do it with ease now that you know what to do. If you would like to make your Singapore visa application smoother, you can get help from a Singapore visa specialist, and you will not need to fret about your Singapore visa at all, so you can focus on the fun things to do in Singapore.